Thursday 13 March 2014

TELLING THE DOCTOR

Now that SAFKET publishing have brought out my book Queen of the Harbour, I am beginning to get used to the cover with its lovely bright colours. I know my friend liked it, as she discussed it with me after reading some of it.  She was in giggles as she spoke about my heroine Neaves calamities, telling me she couldnt wait to read the rest, so that cheered me up and yesterday I found myself chatting away to the doctor at the hospital about my book. The poor doctor at the time was stitching up my hand and because I needed some destraction from the pain, I found myself chatting ten to the dozen about - Queen of the Harbour. The doctor just gave a little grin and said "you just keep on talking"  as if he was glad that I had some distraction and I wasnt making a fuss.  But the five stitches, he put in my hand, were very neatly done by him and at least I got a chance to advertise my book, although I can think of betters ways of doing it.  But even the pleasant nurse, whose hand I grabbed as the needle went in, she was smiling away as I chatted about the publication, although I`m not exactly a famous author.  But never mind,  the nurse was beaming and I`d give the medical team top marks for the care and attention. Although, today I am typing away and I`m supposed to be resting it - but with my Queen of the Harbour out now, for the world to see, there`s no stopping me!

No comments:

Post a Comment